Zoe is more than happy to speak to you about any of the above appointment types prior to booking your appointment should you have any questions for her at all.
We look forward to welcoming you to the clinic soon.
Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT)
15 Minutes, £95 (per treatment)
What is ESWT?
Extracorporeal Shockwave therapy is a multidisciplinary device used in Podiatry, Orthopaedics, Physiotherapy and Sports medicine. Shockwave therapy is a non-invasive treatment that involves creating a series of low energy acoustic waves that are directly delivered to an injury through contact with the skin via an ultrasound gel medium. Shockwaves are said to promote the body’s own healing response to injury, extracorporeal meaning outside of the body. The shockwaves are mechanical and not electric, they are audible, low-energy sound waves which work by increasing blood flow to the injured area to speed up the healing process.
What will happen here at Z.W. Foot & Ankle
- You will need to attend an Initial Shockwave Therapy Appointment where your eligibility for the course will be determined. If eligible and safe to commence treatment we will take you through the consent process and explain in detail the following: the intended benefits, low level risks of the treatment and what to do straight after your treatment
- You will usually require 3-4 separate treatments with 1-2 week intervals in between to benefit most effectively from the treatment
- During this time we will advise you on what to do and tailor a loading and stretching programme where applicable
- You may experience some discomfort during your treatment but the Podiatrist will be on hand to monitor these pain levels and reduce intensity and frequency if intolerable. Don’t worry, we will look after you!
- You will be advised on your activity level following treatment
Why should I have ESWT?
ESWT is offered to patients who have not responded well enough to other treatments which may include but are not limited to:
- Stretching/ loading and activity modification
- Other shoe inserts
- Bracing/ Splinting
- Rest and ice therapy
- Pain medication
This ground breaking non-invasive method of relieving pain and restoring function has been shown to be a positive and successful treatment of certain conditions affecting the foot and ankle which can include Tendinopathies and Heel pain: Plantar Fasciopathy.
Initial Consultation (New Patient)
This will often include routine treatment or will triage you into a different type of appointment:
What will be included:
- A Full Medical History: Current or Past medical conditions or surgery
- Full list of Current Prescription Medication will be required (please bring this to your appointment)
- Vascular assessment which includes palpation of pulses, an assessment of overall lower limb health or if required Doppler assessment or ankle pressure brachial index (ABPI)
- Neurological examination if required
- Discussion of treatment options
- Treatment if routine care required
Continuing Routine Podiatry Appointment
Up to 30 minutes, £52.00-58.00
Includes treatment of the following:
- Nail problems: thickened or ingrowing toenails
- Nail Trauma
- Fungal Nail and Skin Infection
- Dry skin conditions: Eczema, Psoriasis
- Cracked heels
- Verruca lesions
- Foreign body removal
- Suspected infection
- Blister management
- Diabetic foot care
- Rheumatoid Arthritis foot care
A return period for your next visit will be discussed at each individual appointment to ensure your feet are kept in the best condition. We usually recommend 4, 6 or 8 week intervals between treatments.
To UPGRADE this treatment WARM WAX THERAPEUTIC treatment can be added at an extra £40.00
Diabetic foot check
15 minutes, £20.00
This can be added to your routine podiatry appointment or may be done in isolation. This is recommended every 6 months with Z.W. Foot & Ankle and is used to assess your level of risk regarding circulation and/or neuropathy if present. We will also offer advice on footwear, care of your feet and how you can monitor the condition of your feet with diabetes.
Onward referral may be required to your GP if any differing or worsening risk is identified on receipt of this check.
45 Minutes, £135.00
Zoe Wilson (Owner) is a Specialist Musculoskeletal Podiatrist with an MSc in Podiatric Surgery (Surgery of the Foot and Ankle and its associated structures). She has worked both in an NHS setting and Private practice undertaking extensive training and further study to satisfy her interest in this area of Podiatry. Her expertise range from diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the forefoot (front portion of the foot, the midfoot and rearfoot. This appointment may be suitable to diagnose and treat the following conditions in a conservative manner:
- Big toe joint Osteoarthritis (Hallus Limitus)
- Bunions (Hallus Abducto Valgus/ Hallus Valgus)
- Morton’s Neuroma/ Neuritis
- Pain in the Metatarsophalangeal joints (1-5)
- Plantar Plate Injury
- Tailor’s bunion
- Midfoot injury/Osteoarthritis
- Heel pain: Plantar Fasciopathy/ Fasciitis, Bursitis of the heel
- Tarsal Tunnel syndrome
- Ankle joint pain
- Ankle Injury: Acute or Chronic
- Any other complaints affecting the foot or ankle which could be related but not limited to the knees, hips or lower back for example.
The patient will first of all be sent a form to complete with detail of the reason for their visit which can include: presenting complaint, aggravating factors (what makes it better or worse) such as footwear or activity, location of pain and level of pain out of 10 (10 being the worst and 1 very little pain)
This assessment is extremely thorough with explanation throughout. However, it is important to have appropriate history revised as this will allow the Podiatrist to identify and problem and direct treatment more effectively.
A pair shorts will be required and 1 to 2 pairs of shoes (occupation footwear/ a pair of activity shoes)
The appointment time will be allocated as 45 minutes. Any additional follow-up appointments will be charged.
This appointment could result in:
- Onward referral for imaging: X-Ray, Ultrasound or MRI
- A temporary orthotic addition
- Loading programme
- Stretching programme
- Offloading period (Aircast boot)
- Orthotic intervention: Prefabricated orthotics or Custom designed and made orthotics
- AFO: Ankle and foot orthoses such as Richie Brace
- Steroid injection therapy
- Onward referral to an Podiatric Surgical colleague or Orthopaedic colleague where appropriate for second opinion
Podopaediatric Assessment (Children’s Musculoskeletal Podiatry Assessment)
45 minutes , £125.00
Podopaediatric – This is an area of Podiatry focussing on the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal related problems in children. It is important to note that all children under 16 years of age will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian to this appointment whom will also need to sign a consent form for assessment and treatment of the child. There are numerous diagnoses that may occur during growth of the child which may cause pain during activity or rest which may affect behaviour and willingness to take part in sport and school activities.
Here at Z.W. Foot & Ankle we take a thorough assessment of the child including both seated, standing and walking assessments in clinic to identify where there could be a problem with the associated structures of the lower limb.
These are some of the things we may look at during the appointment:
- A FULL AND THOROUGH HISTORY of the child’s presenting problem
- Activity level
- Developmental milestones (Birth, started walking and current age milestones)
- Nutrition and BMI
- Hypermobility score if suspected
- Leg length and general joint alignment
- Leg Musculature
- Spine (Lumbar, Thoracic and Cervical)
- Foot arches
- Specific areas of pain
- Resting, standing, walking, walking treadmill, running treadmill if applicable
- Joint assessment (as above)
- Neurological assessment where required
- Treatment plan
- Planned reviews of development
- Footwear advice and sport footwear advice
The treatment plan could include any of the following:
Strength and loading programme (stretching if applicable)
Orthotic intervention (Prefabricated or Custom made)
Possible onward referral to Consultant/ scans.
Warm Wax Therapy Treatment
Varies , £45.00
UPGRADE YOUR FOOT TREATMENT WITH WARM WAX THERAPY!
Warm wax therapy can be extremely beneficial when used for the following conditions:
- Arthritic pain
- Dry skin conditions
- Muscle discomfort
- Scar tissue
- Heel and arch pain
- Stiff joints
- Poor circulation
- Eczema, Psoriasis and generalised dry or callused skin
- Deodorises the skin
- Intensely softens, soothes and moisturises the skin providing natural anti-inflammatory and antiseptic action
We use the following ingredients during your luxury treatment:
- Bay Leaf Oil
This relaxing and effective treatment is most effectively used following your routine podiatry appointment although can be done in isolation or purchased as a voucher for a friend or family member in need of a pamper!
Please call us today to book this onto your routine appointment! Please be aware that we still need to take a full medical history from you before we can book this appointment in for you.
Varies, £125.00 – £180.00
Please contact us if you require a fitting consultation where we can talk you through the range of different styles for various pathologies or purposes of use.
We love this brand and it is a widely recognised and recommended product by Podiatrist’s worldwide!
BUT WHICH ONE DO I NEED?
- That is where we come in. We have had training on all the products available and Zoe has had a very close relationship with the brand ever since deciding to stock their vast range of shoes. “I use the shoes for everything, my clinical work day, walking, running and so many other activities’
With Meta-Rocker technology and maximal cushioning and support this shoe has a lot to offer anyone suffering foot pain!
Make sure you get the right shoe and contact us directly for a fitting consultation with Zoe or one of the team here at Z.W. Foot & Ankle.
We have a wide variety of HOKA trainers available:
- Different widths and half sizes available
- Next day delivery on any style
- Wallking Boots Men’s and Women’s
- Men’s offroad
- Men’s road
- Men’s recovery slide (sandal)
- Women’s offroad
- Women’s road
- Women’s recovery slide (sandal)
The complete removal of an offending section of nail from an area if pain, inflammation and in some cases infection (infection will be managed with antibiotics where it is suspected).
All procedures are performed under Local Anaesthetic meaning your toe will be completely numb during the procedure. This can be performed at Z.W. Foot & Ankle in 1 of 2 ways:
- Partial Nail Avulsion (PNA) Where we remove a small, thin section of the nail from the nail matrix (the root of nail growth) under Local Anaesthetic. The area is then Phenolised to ensure the nail does not grow back. performed in cases when only one edge of the nail is causing a problem, often used in cases where the nail has been cut incorrectly and has caused an ingrowing toenail. So if in doubt of cutting your own toenails, don’t be embarrassed to pay us a visit and we can show you the safest way possible both for children and adults.
- Total Nail Avulsion (TNA) An identical procedure in many ways but we remove the entire nail. Performed in cases of extremely thickened and involuted nails.
Every patient will attend for an Initial appointment to ascertain whether this is a suitable procedure for you. Written consent required. If under 16 this must be signed by a parent or guardian of the child.
The cost of this entire package includes your surgery, post operative visits of which there will be 2, post operative dressings and advice pack.